New Puppy? New Dog? Teenage Terror? Learning Workshop
Are you preparing for a puppy? Have you recently taken on a new dog? Do you have a teenage terror? Looking for help with Adapting for adoption?
This workshop is for anyone who has just taken on a new dog or is thinking of getting one of any age from puppy to adult dog, Adolescent dog to a senior dog.
In this workshop we will teach you what you need to know about building a confident canine.
We will tell you about what behaviours to look out for, how to prevent problems, how to choose or select your new dog, and how to build confidence and resilience in your new dog and help them become a great family member.
Using a combination of slide shows, discussions, demos and practical hands-on work, we will guide you in what to do to develop the best relationship with your dog.
Facilitators: Tamasine Smith from Leadchanges Dog Behaviour and Naomi Farrow Paws 4 Training.
Who should attend?
The seasoned dog guardian or first-timer – anyone who would like to know more about the psychology behind dogs and how to create the best relationship with a new family member.
The morning is for humans only. Dogs will be present for you to work with, giving you the opportunity for you to have a go and experience the practical activities for yourself.
What's it all about?
• Special insights into rescue dogs, puppy farmed dogs and dogs that might need extra support
• Puppy farming, backyard breeding and hobby breeding – how to find a good puppy
• Learn what causes behavioural issues in the first place – how to deal with those you may have and how to
avoid them if you don’t!
• Arousal and overstimulation, frustration tolerance and why calm and patience are so important
• What is play, socialisation and habituation – this may be different from what you thought!
• Developmental and sensitive periods – what they are and why confidence building is important
• Neutering – a brief guide to the pros/cons and how to make informed decisions about what is best for you
and your dog as individuals. Plus understand alternatives to conventional neutering and the effect on specific breeds
• Breed needs and breed differences – what to watch out for and be aware of…
• How dogs read each other – why some, such as brachycephalic breeds, might have a harder time around
• Knowledge is power – learn how our human emotions, feelings and personalities effect dogs
• Have a go at a few fun canine activities suitable for puppies and new dogs which help build focus and
Saturday, June 24th 2023 0930 am – 1230 pm
Paws 4 Training Dog Training Centre, Road Green Farm, Bungay Road, Hempnall, NR15 2NQ
W3W – bonkers.hourglass.interlude
£20 per person
10 spaces available
Refreshments and cake will be provided!
How to Book
Please contact us to book or by phone 07709 539903.
If we aren’t available to answer please leave us a message and we will call you back as soon as we are available to book you onto the workshop
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our training centre