Foundation Obedience Clicker Training Course
We realised there was a gap in our training classes so we have now designed a course specifically for puppies from 6 months of age and dogs of all ages who have not done any training courses with us or you may have attended puppy training elsewhere and your pup is now too old for our puppy training classes.
Clicker training is an operent conditioning method that we use in our obedience courses. The clicker is used as a marker of the correct behaviour that our dogs have demonstrated. We free shape the dogs behaviour in a kind and gentle way ensuring all dogs are calm and happy whilst they learn. Treats are used along with the clicker. A clicker will be provided for you to keep as part of the registration.
What you will learn:
- Focus – your puppy or dog should remain focussed on you no matter what the distraction is
- Settle – your puppy or dog should settle on their mat and maintain the settle whilst there are distractions
- Sit and down – demonstrate your dog offering these positions using only a verbal cue
- Loose lead walking – your puppy or dog should walk nicely next to you (minimal distraction)
- Stay – your puppy or dog needs to stay in the position you put them in for 30 seconds when you are standing a minimum of a lead length away from them
- Legs – demonstrate your puppy or dog offering the legs behaviour using just a command – no luring allowed!
- Recall – your puppy or dog returns to you on first call
- Calm handling – your puppy or dog will remain calm whilst someone else handles them
- Give, exchange or swap – quickest release of an item
- Meet and Greet – politely meet other dogs and people
- Stop jumping up
All dogs must be friendly and able to work in small groups with other dogs.Each course is for 6 weeks, classes are for 45 minutes and the cost of the course is £75.
Places are restricted to 6 per class. (from time to time we may be able to accommodate additional attendees. Please ask on booking)
Payment is required in advance by bank transfer to guarantee your place. (We are unable to accept cheques)
Vaccinations: All puppies and dogs attending classes must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination must be shown at your first class. Should you choose not to vaccinate, a letter stating your dog’s blood titre levels must be presented on headed paper and signed by your veterinary surgeon. If you choose these routes, Paws 4 Training will not be held responsible for any illness your dog may contract whilst training with Paws 4 Training at our training centre. *EXCEPTION – Puppies attending socialisation classes will be accepted after having their first vaccination.*
We only use kind and gentle methods in our classes and we do not allow the use of choke (check) chains, half choke collars (including fabric half choke collars), slip leads, slip collars, non-pull harnesses or flexi leads.
The start dates of classes and content may be subject to change
Upcoming Dates & Availability
06 Nov 2018 , 18302 spaces
10 Nov 2018 , 10006 spaces