We offer non-competitive agility training.
The first 6 weeks of your training will cover working on proprioception and obedience that is essential for agility. This greatly improves your dog’s ability to progress.
We will introduce some of the equipment during this course. After the initial course, the following 6-week courses will continue your agility journey, introducing more complex handling and more equipment.
This course is suitable for dogs from the age of 6 months. Some of the behaviours which are essential to assist you with your dogs training are wait or stay under distraction, recall and focus.
All dogs MUST be friendly with dogs and people and not bark excessively when at rest.
What you and your dog will learn in the first course:
- Proprioception to assist with your dog’s awareness of the position and movement of the body
- Perfection of some advanced obedience including stay under distraction
- Working your dog on both sides
- An introduction to the tunnel and basic jumping
What you and your dog will learn in the second course:
- Progression with the equipment
- Learning jump and tunnel sequences
- Introduction to weaving
Subsequent follow-on courses:
- Progression with complex handling skills
- Contact equipment
- Progression with complex courses incorporating your handling skills and all the equipment
All of our training is based on positive reward and clicker training.
We will also be using luring with food on targets. We will be using lotus balls and toys to encourage the dogs to progress their training with the agility equipment.
Toys are available to purchase from the training centre.
Please see here for more information about the techniques we use in our classes.
Spaces restricted to 4 dogs per class
Classes are for 1 hour
£80 for the first 6 week course
£70 for the second 6 week course
£65 for each follow on 6 week course
All dogs must be friendly with dogs and people
Tuesday 2nd November @ 1815 (2 spaces)
Wednesday 10th November @ 1000 (FULL)
This level is suitable if you have previously completed some agility training
Wednesday 11:00 (2 spaces)
Wednesday 18:15 (1 space)
There may be times when there are breaks within the 6-week course.
Start dates may be subject to change