The Interactive play skills workshop will be focused on the content of Craig’s extremely popular book the “Interactive Play Guide”.
This offers a unique look at how we can implement a reinforcing play system that is based on our dogs making the choice to play and adjusting our technique to suit each dog as an individual.
- Learn how create structured, consistent and positive interactive play sessions with the dogs in your care.
- Develop the ability to adjust interactive play to suit each dog as an individual based on the evaluation of behaviour.
- Understand how to implement the joy of play to fulfil your dog’s natural desires, improve relationships, build confidence and increase motivational focus.
- Build an understanding of how to avoid and overcome problems during play such over-arousal and problematic behaviours.
- Incorporate the power of play into both behavioural and training settings.
- Implementing alternative forms of positive reinforcement into our dog’s lives.
- Gain the ability to communicate with your dog during structured periods of positive stimulation.
- Implementing structured periods of calm and alternative behaviours into your interactive play sessions to create behavioural predictability.
- Learn how to problem solve when working with a variety of dogs and their owners.
- Take away a simple step by step system that will benefit you, the dogs in your care and your students.
During the workshop we will take an interactive journey, looking at how to effectively adjust toy play to the reinforcement preferences of the specific dog that you are working with. Craig will talk and walk you through a proven, tried and tested, step by step acronym-based system that will help you to use the joy of play to improve relationships, build confidence, create motivational focus and implement alternative forms of positive reinforcement.
You will also learn how to avoid and overcome some of the common problems during play, such as over-arousal and problematic behaviours. Along with implementing these techniques into your behavioural consultations, training classes and even at home to help further enrich the lives of dogs and their owners.
Craig will next be visiting us on Sunday 6th February 2022
There will be 3 sessions available
0930 – 1130
1200 – 1400
1430 – 1630
To book a place on any of the workshops click on the link below which will take you through to a booking system.
Pre-booking is essential through our online booking system.
£45 per dog and 1 handler
£10 per additional handler / spectator spaces
Workshops are for 2 hours
Internationally renowned seminar leader and author Craig Ogilvie is a highly experienced Certified Canine Behaviourist and Trainer, Police Dog Training Instructor and Mondioring Decoy (Licensed in France). Having spent a great deal of time training and testing working dogs in locations all over Europe, he very quickly went on to achieve unique accreditation. Craig is the first person from the U.K to be licensed to test and train dogs internationally in the working dog sport called Mondioring: which consists of Obedience, Agility and Criminal apprehension.
Craig is one of the very few experienced and qualified Civilian Police Dog Training Instructors in the U.K. and has worked for the Police full time as a dog training instructor. He has delivered seminars to multiple police dog sections along with the U.K Military working dog teams.
Craig’s passion and study of dog behaviour and training led him to becoming a certified Canine Behaviourist and Trainer, with much of his time is focused on working around problematic behaviours in dogs, problem solving, motivation and the power of positive reinforcement when working with dogs.
Craig’s journey has led to him helping dogs and people all over the world via seminars, workshops and online training for professionals and enthusiasts alike.