From time to time we run training workshops. Some of these workshops are done in house. For others we invite external trainers and behavourists to come and teach their specific skills that they offer.
Craig Ogilvie, Love for Dogs
Craig is uniquely qualified in the U.K as the only person to achieve a Mondioring decoys license and has travelled all over Europe with his sport. Testing and training dogs from all over the world.
He is also one of the few civilian accredited police dog trainers in the country, a dog behaviour practitioner, the author of the soon to be released Interactive Play Guide and completely in love with helping dogs and people. Travelling all over the country delivering seminars, workshops and talks helping to motivate dog lovers and their dogs to achieve their goals and create their own in amazing Interactive Play Experience.
We currently offer two workshops at our training centre which are run by Craig. Interactive Playskills and Communicating with your stimulated dog.
Using Interactive Play to create a unique and special experience to share with your dog. Which can help with:
- Improving your existing play
- Working motivation
- Toy possession
- Lack of interest in toys
- Building a better relationships with your dog
- Confidence building
- A high value reward experience for training
- Communicating with your dog whilst they are stimulated
- Creating interactive experience that you can share with your dog stimulates
their body and mind
- Most of all having lots of fun
Cost – £45 per 1 handler and dog £10 spectator fee
Communicating With Your Stimulated Dog
This is a 5 hour workshop. This workshop is split into two. The first part is theory based and is for approximately 1½ hours. The second part of the workshop is practical and each attendee will have time with Craig on a 1-2-1 basis working with your dog.
During the workshop you will work with Craig on:
- Using motivational techniques and positive reinforcement to learn how to communicate with your dog in a heightened level of stimulation.
- Overcoming problem behaviours occurring in heightened levels of stimulation for both competitive sport handlers and companion dog owners.
- Finding you and your dogs stimulated balance.
- Gaining focus from your stimulated dog.
- Learning how to work with your dog’s stimulation levels.
Places are restricted to 5 dogs and handlers and 5 spectator places.
Cost – £150 per 1 handler and dog £25 spectator fee
Nose Work Training Workshops
Nose training is a really great way to mentally stimulate your dog. 10 minutes of scent work is equivalent to a walk for 1 hour. It is an ideal way to work your dog’s brain. All breeds of dog are capable of doing scent work.
During our three hour workshops we will teach you the basic steps of teaching your dog how to find food or to find an article/toy.
We allow the dogs to work independently and not instruct them continuously as we would for obedience training. With guidance we can assist the dogs to learn to find things through scent.
The training is suitable for puppies and dogs of all ages. We currently have three levels
- Nose Work 1 – is the basic scent workshop
- Nose work 2 – you will learn handling skills and we will make the searches a bit more tricky. (You must have completed nose work 1)
- Nose work 3 – you will work your dog on longer searches, hiding scented items in box in a box in a box, this requires teamwork more efficiently & accurately. Postal & bag search. (You must have completed Nose work 2).
Each workshop is for 3 hours.
Cost £50 per dog
Other workshops may be added throughout the year. If there is something that you would specifically like to work on please feel free to contact us to discuss and we may be able to offer this as a training workshop.
We only use kind and gentle reward based methods in all our training classes. We do not allow the use of choke chains, half choke collars, slip leads, slip collars, non-pull harnesses, shock or spray collars.