Intermediate Obedience Clicker Training Classes
Clicker training is an operant conditioning method that we like to encourage our clients to use in our obedience courses. The clicker is used as a marker of the correct behaviour that our dogs have demonstrated. We shape the dogs behaviour in a kind and gentle way ensuring all dogs are calm and happy whilst they learn. We encourage the use of treats along with the clicker. A clicker will be provided as part of the registration.
This class is suitable for dogs who have completed our novice obedience clicker training course. It is a continuation of the training that you have completed so far.You will be assessed throughout your training class and certificates will be awarded at the end of the six week course for the best “student” for the behaviours listed below:
- Sit, down and stand from a distance – your dog should go into the positions when asked when you are 2 metres away from them
- Heelwork off lead at different speeds – demonstrate your dog walking to heel off lead with changes of speed and direction
- Sit and down in motion – whilst walking your dog off lead to heel you should ask for sit or a down and your dog should maintain the position until you call them to heel
- Come in close – your dog should come in close on your left side and sit beside you
- Stay – your dog must maintain the position you put them in whilst you circle around them for 2 minutes at a minimum of two paces away from you
- Recall outdoors (on a long line) – your dog must return to you on first call or whistle
- Most improved puppy or dog
Places are restricted to 6 per class. Payment is required in advance to guarantee your place.
All dogs must be friendly and able to work in small groups with other dogs.
To register fill out the details on the “Make a booking” form on this page
Vaccinations: All puppies and dogs attending classes must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination must be shown at your first class. Should you choose not to vaccinate, a letter stating your dog’s blood titre levels must be presented on headed paper and signed by your veterinary surgeon. If you choose these routes, Paws 4 Training will not be held responsible for any illness your dog may contract whilst training with Paws 4 Training at our training centre. *EXCEPTION – Puppies attending socialisation / training classes will be accepted after having their first vaccination.*
We only use kind and gentle methods in our training classes and 1-2-1’s and do not allow the use of choke (check) chains, slip leads or collars or half choke (check) collars.
Upcoming Dates & Availability
28 Jul 2018 , 12006 spaces
24 Jul 2018 , 20306 spaces
04 Sep 2018 , 20306 spaces
15 Sep 2018 , 12006 spaces
16 Oct 2018 , 20306 spaces
27 Oct 2018 , 12006 spaces
27 Nov 2018 , 20306 spaces
08 Dec 2018 , 12006 spaces